Sunday 6 May 2012

Favourite fragrances



Like most girls I can’t just have one fragrance.  But I do have a few favourites, so I thought I’d quickly share them with you. 

Miss Dior Cherie
I am absolutely obsessed with this perfume.  It is gorgeous, feminine, girly, and sexy.  It is described as a sensual blend of Italian mandarin, Egyptian jasmine, and patchouli which truly captures the dazzling Dior spirit in a modern, fruity-floral fragrance.

I picked up the 50ml eau de toilette from Boots for £49.  I think that’s pretty reasonable.  I wouldn’t say this is overpowering, but you don’t need to wear much or re-apply during the day.
 
Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y 
This is my newest perfume and the one I’m really going to talk about the most.  It’s Stella McCartney’s latest fragrance L.I.L.Y which was launched recently.

The packaging is very unique: an oval bottle held inside a metal square with a metal cap. I love the name, which was taken from Paul McCartney’s nickname for his late wife Linda.  L.I.L.Y stands for Linda I Love You. 

The key note is Lily of the Valley with a subtle hint of truffle and a warm base of oak moss.

I am also a fan of Stella McCartney’s original fragrance Stella, but I’ve used every last drop I own!
If you don’t like floral fragrances, you most likely won’t like this.  The staying power is really good too.  I got this 100ml eau de parfum bottle from Boots for £59.

Marc Jacobs Lola
I’m onto my second bottle of this now, so it’s fair to say it’s a favourite.  The bottle is so over-the-top.  This is my favourite packaging.  I love the vinyl petals and gold rope detail - the moment I saw it, I wanted to get it for the reason that it would look fantastic on my dresser.

Since the whole idea isn’t just about visual appeal, I was pretty amazed to find that this actually smells as good as it looks.  It is described as a warm floral scent – playfully alluring and irresistibly tempting. The long-lasting, day-and-night scent opens with pink peppercorn, pear, and ruby red grapefruit. Blooming midnotes of rose, fuschia peony, and geranium make a feminine statement. 

This 100ml eau de parfum cost £63 from Boots.  

Jimmy Choo 
This was bought for me as a surprise present, so that was the first time I’d tried the perfume.  It was from someone who knows me pretty well.  I wanted something different.  Something that stands out from my usual floral fragrance and this certainly does that. 

The perfume itself contains modern fruity chypre with warm, rich, woody depths. This certainly isn't a sickly sweet perfume it’s a much warmer, sweet scent that has great staying power. The eau de parfum retails at around £39 for 60ml.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Dior Cherie is the most beautiful scent, I feel so glamorous when I wear it!

    Your blog is really lovely!

    Julianne
    A Little Lacey

    ReplyDelete